1- 8 1s+2s also 3s+4s cross over (Men dance under arch made by Ladies), cross back (Ladies under arch made by Men), 1s and 4s lead out of ends and back as 2s+3s dance RH across and end with 2s dancing under arch made by 3s
9-16 1s+3s also 2s+4s circle 4H round to right and end with couples changing places (3s and 4s making arches), end couples lead out of ends and back as 1s+4s dance RH across and end with 1s dancing under arch made by 4s
17-24 All dance ½ Grand Chain (all changing places on the side to start), all Adv+Ret and turn 2H
25-32 2s+1s also 4s+3s circle 4H round to left ½ way, 1s cast 1 place, cross RH, cast 1 place, cross LH and cast to bottom
(MINICRIB, Dance Crib compiled by Charles Upton, Deeside Caledonian Society, and his successors)
It was designed by the renowned civil engineer Thomas Telford and built from 1812-1814. Craigellachie bridge has a single span of approximately 46 metres (151 ft) and was revolutionary for its time, in that it used an extremely slender arch which was not possible using traditional masonry construction.
Telford's Bridge at Craigellachie was in regular use until 1963, when it was closed for a major refurbishment, carried foot and vehicle traffic across the River Spey until 1972, when its function was replaced by a reinforced concrete bridge (in the background of the image below) built by Sir William Arrol And Co. which opened in 1970 and carries the A941 road today.