1- 8 1s turn 2H, dance down nearer hands joined, out through side couples and cast back up own side to face partner, turn 2H and face in nearer hands joined
9-16 All dance Set&Link and face partner; ½ interlocking Reels of 4 and all ½ turn partner LH
17-24 All set advancing passing partner LSh, ½ turn next person 2H, pull back RSh to face next person, set advancing passing LSh, turn partner RH ending with L facing out (Bourrel-like sequence). 123
25-32 Triangular Schiehallion (clover leaf) reels. 312
(MINICRIB, Dance Crib compiled by Charles Upton, Deeside Caledonian Society, and his successors)
1-2 1st couple turn once round with both hands, opening out to face down with nearer hands joined.
3-6 1st couple dance down, out between the side couples, cast back up on their own sides and end facing each other in original places.
7-8 1st couple again turn once round with both hands opening out to face in.
9-12 All dance set and link for two couples and end facing partner around the set with the men facing clockwise and the women anticlockwise.
13-16 All dance half an interlocking reel of four starting by giving right shoulder to partner and on the last bar half turn partner with the left hand to end facing them around the set.
17-24 All dance a Bourrel-like sequence around the set:
- Set advancing, passing partner left shoulder to face the next person.
- Half turn them with both hands and twirl away to face the next person.
- Set advancing, passing that person left shoulder to face partner.
- Turn partner once round with the right hand (or both hands if preferred) to end in original places with the men facing in and the women facing out.
25-32 All dance a triangular Schiehallion reel progressing two places round the set to end in the order 3,1,2.
(Dance Crib compiled by the deviser, Murrough Landon, CC BY-SA Mar 2018)
- La Fidèle de Lausanne by Marian Anderson; she has generously made freely available her own recording of a 3x32 Strathspey using the tune (see
La Fidèle de Lausanne - Scottish Country Dancing Music).
- The Quaker's Daughter (Ian Robertson and Muriel Johnstone: Full Circle)
(Dance Information compiled by the deviser, Murrough Landon, CC BY-SA Mar 2018)