1- 4 1s and 3s set, 1M closely followed by partner cast 1 place to face 4L while 3L closely followed by partner cast 1 place to face 5M
5- 8 1s+4L dance RH across while 3s+5M dance LH across
9-16 1M followed by partner dance an Alternating Tandem reel with 2L+4L (on sides LSh to 2L to start) while 3L followed by partner dance an Alternating Tandem reel with 4M+5M giving RSh to 4M
17-24 Repeat on other side with 1s giving RSh to 2M and 3s giving LSh to 4L
25-32 1s and 3s cast on opposite sides to 3rd and 5th places, set and turn RH 1½ times to own sides. 24153
(MINICRIB, Dance Crib compiled by Charles Upton, Deeside Caledonian Society, and his successors)
1-2 1s 3s set;
3-4 1M closely followed by 1L cast to face 4L WHILE 3L closely followed by 3M cast to face 5M;
5-8 1s4L right hands across WHILE 3s5M left hands across;
9-16 2L1s4L 4M3s5M reels of 3 on the sides (1s 3s dancing in tandem and changing the lead at each end), 2L1M giving left shoulder, 4M3L giving right to start;
17-24 2M1s4M 4L3s5L reels of 3 on the sides (1s 3s dancing in tandem and changing the lead at each end), 2M1M giving right shoulder, 4L3L giving left to start, 1s 3s finishing on opposite sides, 1s in 2nd place, 3s in 4th;
25-26 1s 3s cast;
27-28 1s 3s set;
29-32 1s 3s turn by the right 1½ times, finishing 2s4s1s5s3s.
(MAXICRIB, Scottish country dancing instructions compiled by Reuben Freemantle)
The name 'Leasowe' comes from the Anglo-Saxon Leasowes or 'Meadow Pastures'. Its sand dunes are the largest such system on the Wirral. Much of the area is at or below sea level and is protected by the coastal embankment.
Leasowe Castle was built by Ferdinando Stanley, 5th Earl of Derby - a patron of Shakespeare - in 1593, possibly (though this is disputed) as an observation platform for the Wallasey Races which took place on the sands in the 16th and 17th centuries, and which are regarded as a forerunner of the Derby races. Ferdinando's brother William, the 6th Earl, was described as a noted sportsman and is remembered as a keen supporter of the Wallasey races.
At first the Castle consisted only of an octagonal tower. This had become disused by 1700, and it became known as "Mockbeggar Hall", a term often used for an ornate but derelict building. The term "Mockbeggar Wharf" is still used for the adjoining foreshore.