1- 8 1s cast 1 place and dance ½ Fig of 8 round 2s, 1s turn LH to face 1st corners
9-16 1s set to 1st corners, set to partner and face 2nd corners, 1s dance ½ diagonal RSh reel of 4 with 2nd corners and end facing 4th corner (pstn)
17-24 1s set to 4th corners, set to partner and face 1st corners, 1s dance ½ diagonal RSh reel of 4 with 1st corners and pass LSh to...
25-32 1s dance RH across (Man with 3s at top and Lady with 2s), 1s turn LH 1½ times to 2nd place while 3s+2s chase clockwise ½ way
(MINICRIB, Dance Crib compiled by Charles Upton, Deeside Caledonian Society, and his successors)
Roslin Castle (sometimes spelt Rosslyn) is a partially ruined castle near the village of Roslin in Midlothian, Scotland. It is located around 9 miles south of Edinburgh, on the north bank of the North Esk and was the seat of the St Clairs of Orkney, who also built the Rosslyn Chapel, only a few hundred metres away from Roslin Castle.
There has been a castle on the site since the early 14th century (1304), when the Sinclair family, Earls of Caithness and Barons of Roslin, fortified the site, although the present ruins are of a slightly later date.