1- 8 1s+2s dance ½ double Fig of 8 (1s cross down), 1s dance down between 3s as 2s dance out and up then 1s cast up to 2nd place opposite sides
9-16 1s+3s dance ½ double Fig of 8 (1s cross down), 1s dance up between 2s and cast to 2nd place own sides
17-24 1s Petronella to opposite sides
25-32 2s and 3s Petronella to own sides while 1s cast RSh round 1st corner and cross between 2s/3s, 1s cast to 2nd place own sides and all set
(MINICRIB, Dance Crib compiled by Charles Upton, Deeside Caledonian Society, and his successors)
The last two occupants of Inverneill House were the Misses Olive and Una Campbell. Their sister Ysobel who had married and became Mrs. Stewart of Fasnacloich was the founder of the Scottish Country Dance Society and became its first Secretary. The Scottish country dance named Inverneill House was composed in her honour.
The lands of Inverneill first came into Campbell hands in 1480 when the lands of Knapdale were granted to Colin Campbell, 1st Earl of Argyll. In 1773 Sir Archibald Campbell, KB became the owner of the estate, however he was unable to live on his land as he was appointed Governor of Jamaica and then of Madras in India. It was his elder brother James who first set up home at Inverneill.
The house was of considerable size in those days having dining and drawing rooms, 8 bedrooms, housekeepers room servants rooms pantry kitchen and scullery and outhouses containing wash house, laundry and dairy. The walled garden with its 20-foot (6.1 m) high wall containing two turrets was reputed to be one of the finest in Scotland for fruit and vegetables of all kinds.
Lt Col. Duncan Campbell 7th of Inverneill added the three storey wing around 1890. The house was occupied by the Campbell family until 1955 when it was sold.