1- 8 1s set and change places RH, 1s+2s set to and change places RH with partners. 1(2)3
9-16 1s+2s+3s set to and change places RH with partners, 1s+2s+3s advance setting and ½ turn partner 2H. 1(2)3
17-24 1s+2s+3s dance Grand Chain (1s cross to start)
25-32 1s+2s dance ½ R&L, 1s ½ turn RH
(MINICRIB, Dance Crib compiled by Charles Upton, Deeside Caledonian Society, and his successors)
Rosslyn Castle (sometimes spelt Roslin) is a partially ruined castle near the village of Roslin in Midlothian, Scotland. It is located around 9 miles south of Edinburgh, on the north bank of the North Esk and was the seat of the St Clairs of Orkney, who also built the Rosslyn Chapel, only a few hundred metres away from Roslin Castle.
There has been a castle on the site since the early 14th century (1304), when the Sinclair family, Earls of Caithness and Barons of Roslin, fortified the site, although the present ruins are of a slightly later date.